I called my RE right at 8AM this morning when the clinic opened. And nothing like talking about your period at work… I always have to use my office phone since my cell refuses to allow actual conversations at the hospital. I prefer it only text and email anyway, but I’ll save that for another post.
The nurse, Cheryl or Sharon, I really should learn their names, called me back around 11:30AM with instructions…
- Continue to take a BCP each morning, active pills only, until instructed to stop; two packs had been included in my Rx.
- My baseline ultrasound will be Monday, April 7th at 9:30AM at which time they will check to make sure my cyst is gone. Please pray all is calm in my womb!
- Also on April 7th we will review my medication schedule. Pending a normal ultrasound, I’m tentatively scheduled to begin Lupron injections on Wednesday, April 9th.
Since the medication protocol didn’t ‘work’ last cycle, which was the cause of cancelling, this cycle is going to be a little different… Basically they want to make sure the only hormones in action this time are the ones we’re injecting, and not the ones my body normally produces. That said, the BCPs I’m taking this time are Zovia 1/50 instead of Nortrel 1/35. If I’m understanding the dosing correctly, both have 1 mg of a progesterone, but this cycle I’ll be taking a bit more of the estrogen, 50mcg vs just 35mcg. Seems counterproductive, since last cycle my estrogen level was too high, but okay, I’ll go with it. They know what they’re doing, right?
Also this cycle I’ll start with 20 units daily of Lupron, rather than 10 units as we tried last time. The Lupron is the main drug used to suppress my natural hormones, so more makes sense in this case. Problem though, it was the Lupron that gave me the HORRIBLE headaches, as they are basically artificially creating menopause, or so I’m told. Does double the Lupron dose equal double the headaches?? I guess we shall find out!
I’m seriously excited to have a plan in place, but also terrified, as you know what a planner I am, and technically this plan only goes out so far, and is extremely dependent on many variables. My largest concern is Eric’s brother’s wedding on April 26th. I’m fairly certain our egg retrieval will be the week after the wedding, well, again, depending on a lot of factors, but that means I’ll be bloated and tender the weekend of the wedding. And did I mention my dress is skin-tight?? I know, I know, breathe, it’s not the end of the world, I’ll make it work. I just really want to enjoy myself at the wedding… So positive thoughts!