Beta this morning was <2 which means I am officially no longer pregnant!!! No more weekly betas! You’d think I’d be in a great mood… And I am happy about the test results, but I have so many other things weighing on my mind, hard to focus on the good right now. It really doesn’t help that it’s year-end and work is crazy busy!
The nurse who passed along my results today assured me my case will be discussed tomorrow at the RE group’s weekly team meeting. And then Wednesday afternoon is my appointment to set a plan for our next IVF cycle!!! Which reminds me, how am I going to sneak away from work for that, since we’re so busy right now??!! A huge part of me is seriously excited to move on, or at least have a plan in place to move on. But the other part of me is terribly overwhelmed and anxious. I remember the difficulty, but physically and emotionally, of our previous IVF cycle, not to mention the time off work required. So much to organize, the waiting, the hoping… It takes a lot out of a person.
My OvaCue Fertility Monitor arrived on Saturday, but I wasn’t home to sign for it. I really feel like the USPS needs a new system. If I’d known I had to sign for the darn thing, I would have been home! Who even sends packages through the USPS anymore anyway??? I’ll get to that later, but for the time being, let me piss off all of you infertiles….
I was googling reviews of this monitor and of course, it’s all over the most popular baby making sites. For the most part, the reviews are all really good. The only real complaint I’ve come across is the price, but heck, I’ve wasted more on a purse. Anyway, the reviews were all similar, you know, people claiming to have been trying to get pregnant FOREVER and then they buy this monitor and all the sudden they find themselves pregnant. Here’s what I think about that…
SINCE YOU HAD ONLY BEEN TRYING FOR 4 MONTHS, YOU’RE NOT INFERTILE, THE MONITOR ISN’T THAT MAGICAL!!
Okay, glad I got that off my chest… I’d like to point out though, that I don’t except this monitor to get me pregnant, I’m actually just more curious about the readings it provides, maybe I can discover something about my cycles that has been missed in the past.
Speaking of the monitor, I need a personal assistant. Or perhaps I need to quit my job, either one really. I seriously don’t understand how people who work full-time, me included, get anything done! I mean, really, I leave for work at 7am, and arrive home around 6pm, which didn’t include a workout today. Don’t even get me started, I know I suck, and I had pokey stix for dinner, deal with it. Here are just a few of the tasks I currently need my non-existent personal attendant to manage…
- Pick up fertility monitor @ post office – Yes, someone has to sign for it, therefore it’s sitting at the post office for the time being, and for God only knows how long, as their hours are M-F 9am-4:30pm and S 9am-11am. So I guess it’ll be next Saturday, although I already have other plans that day. Do people really take off work to get their mail???
- Arrange and give entry access for property cleaning – I listed some rental property for sale with a realtor, but it needs to be thoroughly cleaned and I’m not up for that, so planning to hire someone. Last I checked, though, cleaning services don’t work on Saturday or Sundays, and they won’t even come without first providing me an in-person estimate. That’s two days off work! Ugh.
- Replace/repair garbage disposal @ rental property – Again, I don’t even know who can do this, much less when I’m free for them to do it!
- Order, arrange, and give entry access for screen door install on personal property – I’ll probably just give up on this one, as it’s another day I’d have to take off work, but I have wanted a screen door on our home since we moved in several years ago.
- Plan our August vacation – It’s almost August and I still haven’t found the time to sit down and actually plan something with Eric. He and I so rarely have free time which coincides with one another….
- Make arrangements with realtor to visit and place offer on new personal residence – this one seems self-explanatory, but here goes…. Our realtor claims the owners of the home in Cedar Falls Eric and I like are willing to close next May, so we need to get our butt in gear and make an offer.
Making this list reminds me, I didn’t make a list of my questions for our appointment on Wednesday…. I best go do that now!