I’ve been nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award by several truly wonderful ladies, including:
I seriously hope I haven’t forgotten any of my nominators. If you aren’t already following each and every one of these amazing ladies, I higher recommend you do! I promise you won’t be disappointed!
Now, those of you who haven’t nominated me yet, DON’T. Seriously stop! I’m thrilled and over the moon with appreciation, but really, I can hardly think of seven interesting facts about myself, much less any more!
The criteria for accepting a One Lovely Blog Award:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- List the rules.
- List seven (7) facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers and let them know you did.
- Display the award logo and follow your nominator.
Seven Facts about Me:
- I can’t even remember the last time I actually read a book. Now relax, I can read, no worries, but I find myself such a busy-body that I feel the need to always multi-task. So, I discovered Audible several years ago and now listen to books while I get pretty in the morning, drive to and from work, clean, make dinner, exercise, etc. I can’t even tell you how many amazing books I’ve listened to just this year!
- I love gadgets, GPS watches, Bluetooth speakers, home security systems, heart rate monitors, anything with an app that will sync with my phone… The list goes on and on. I’m tempted to buy the new iPhone 6 just because it probably has some fun new feature, but my 5S is perfectly fine. And don’t even get me started on all the cool stuff for babies, like the monitors with video screens!
- I have awful handwriting. No seriously… I often order birthday and anniversary cards online so my personal message gets printed. They actually have some cool software out that offer fonts that truly appear hand-written.
- My personality has changed drastically since my college years. Even in my early 20s my favorite Friday or Saturday evening pastime was dinner out and then to the bars. Now I’d much rather pack up my laptop and head to a cutesy coffee shop, preferably one which also serves wine. Eric and I haven’t lately, but he and I used to study at coffee shops or libraries together on the weekends. Those are some of my fondest memories of us together.
- I’m terrified of gaining too much weight during pregnancy. I’ve never been tiny, but I figure I’m doing pretty well if I can still fit into size 4 pants from Express. Well, this morning, one of those said pairs of pants felt mighty tight across my hips and around my waist. Only 4w3d pregnant cannot be a contributor, but I assume the fertility meds I’ve been on since January are partly to blame, as are the cookies I enjoy on several afternoon breaks each week. Which leads me to number six.
- I could live on carbs. I love bread, pasta, cookies, scones, I love it all. The more gluten, the better! Eric always jokes that we like our gluten with a side of gluten. I could easily do without meat, although Eric loves his rare steaks so some meat is included in most our meals. Although I’m not gonna lie, lately pokey stix have been dinner.
- Somehow I’ve gotten to 34 years of age with very few true hobbies. Growing up I spent a lot of time with my mom and sister. Once I moved away to college that time lessened though. I was never really all that interested in sports, not really the athletic type. I was never a writer until I started this blog in January, and I’ll be the first to admit I write whatever would come out of my mouth, which is not always necessarily grammatically correct! I’ve gone through periods of interest in photography, but never actually made the effort to take a class or really learn how to use the fancy cameras I keep buying. (Another gadget!)
As flattered as I am for the nomination, I’m going to forgo nominating any fellow bloggers. Each and every lady, and gentleman, I’ve met through this blog is truly wonderful, unique with their own stories to tell. I challenge you to pick a few listed on my homepage and explore their lives!