I’ve made it 50 days here. But I think I’m slowly losing my mind… I feel more and more stressed as each day passes.
Nora is doing very well, up to 5 lbs 1 oz now!! And she’s been a champ breastfeeding! Yesterday I fed her three times and she got one bottle overnight. If she does well with the same plan today we’ll advance to phase 3 tomorrow, which is me feeding her whenever she gives cues she is hungry, no more feeding tube. As wonderful as the progress is, I’m getting more and more anxious and nervous. More and more is being demanded of me here… Granted, she can have a bottle whenever I’m not available, but I’d prefer to limit her bottles so she keeps breastfeeding well. This wouldn’t be so bad if we could go home as soon as she can eat on her own… But we’re stuck here for her antibiotics until next week, and maybe then some.
Just this morning the remaining labs for Nora’s immune work up were drawn, but I think several take a week or more to get back, so no more answers just yet. So far all we know is that her T cells are fine. And they’ve been rechecking her igg level twice a week and so far it’s been normal.
And more good news, I was just told we’re moving to bay 4 today!! Another sign of progress! I expect the room to be similar to what we have now, but still nice to move on from bay 3.
So as for my stress… I just feel like there is so much being demanding of me right now, I’m not really sure how to handle it all. And obviously Eric is no help, I’ve hardly even seen him in the past week! Allow me to elaborate on my stress…
- Kona – Our poor puppy has been seriously neglected lately. Yesterday she was alone 12 hours since I was here feeding Nora. And today is Kona’s 5th birthday and I’m completely out of treats at home! How sad I haven’t even had time to stop at Petco??
- Home – Our house is a disaster. I haven’t cleaned lately, laundry is piling up, the carpets are caked with dog hair, it’s nasty! I even submitted a request online for a cleaning lady, but I don’t even have time to be home for the consult!
- New Home – I have an email from the builder asking me to pick out carpet, hard flooring, cabinets, and countertops. Um, when am I supposed to do that?? Most of the vendors I need to work with are out of town.
- Mother’s Day – I’d like to get something special for my mom, but so far that has been put on the back burner too.
- Rental – A renter texted me yesterday that she broke the dishwasher. Oh yes, I certainly have time to go get that fixed!
Just feels like a lot right now…
But check out Nora’s new crib!!