I may have completely lost my mind, but before we get to that, some good news…
First, Nora gained 45 grams overnight! We’re up to 2,455 grams, or 5 lbs 6 oz. I was so scared she’d lose again, but she surprised me!
And second, I was told this morning that discharge will be either Friday evening or Saturday morning! The infectious disease team wants us to stay for observation 24 hours past Nora’s last dose of antibiotics which I believe is Thursday evening at 5pm. We’re getting closer to home!
In other news, another set of immune tests were drawn this morning. And again, Nora was a champ, sucking away on her pacifier. They needed more blood than usual, so from a vein rather than a foot stick. She has truly been through so much in her short life thus far. I’m quite unsure of all the immune tests ordered. I know so far her T cells are fine, and her CH50 test came back normal, but beyond that, I’m not even sure what we are still waiting on. I believe the test that was drawn this morning was DHR, but don’t quote me on that! Hopefully Nora’s immune team stops by to chat before discharge. Eric keeps telling me Nora is fine, that the tests they are running are for conditions so rare that only a few labs in the country test for them… But I’m obviously still terrified.
So speaking of being terrified and losing my mind… And no judgement here! I ordered something to make me feel more at ease bringing Miss Nora home. It’s a monitor similar to what they have in the hospital, but meant for home use. Check it out here. I realize it was probably unnecessary, but honestly, if $200 helps me sleep at night, it’s well worth it to me!
Nora is sleeping now so I need to follow-up on some discharge requirements, including review of “The Period of Purple Crying” and infant CPR.