Recap of Day 2
- What discoveries about love did you make today?
- Those with which we’re closest tend to take the brunt of our unkindness… I know this might sound a bit absurd, but isn’t it true? I’m closest to my husband, Eric, but yet, he is also the one who hears my daily complaints, frustrations, and worse! He’s there, physically and emotionally, when I need to vent, and often my words are harsh. The one who I so dearly love, is often the one who doesn’t get my best self, doesn’t get my best love, doesn’t get shown the kindness he deserves.
- What specifically did you do in this dare? How did you show kindness?
- Since I’m not doing these dares on a daily schedule as the book suggests, I’ve done many acts of kindness over the course of the past week… While Eric has been studying for boards I’ve made a point to let him sleep a bit longer each morning, I’ve refrained from waking him to help with the girls overnight, I’ve put both girls to bed so he can study a bit longer, and I’ve prepared dinner each evening. All little ways of trying to make this time a littler easier for him by showing kindness.
- How can you make this a daily habit?
- Perhaps just by being aware, reminding myself that Eric’s career is not a M-F 8-5 job. That it requires so much more of his time and energy.
Day 3 Love Dare