Ugh. Tearing out the damage, walls and carpet and such, is almost complete. Which is good. Except that they found a lot of mold, which isn’t covered by insurance. Treatment of mold is expensive. Ugh. And they determined the cause to be a frozen pipe. How is that possible when the heat is always on…? That means we can’t go after the builder to pay for repairs. So with our insurance deductible and the mold cleanup we’re looking at around $10k. Certainly not what we wanted to pay for right now. I guess the bright point in all this… at least we can afford the repair. But I certainly would have rather had new furniture in our new home with that money!