- 15 different varieties of coffee trees exist worldwide.
- One acre of growth provides 15,000 pounds of coffee beans.
- The US imports more than $4 billion of coffee each year.
- Contrary to popular belief, coffee actually originated in Ethiopia.
- Every day, more than half of the adult population drinks coffee, 108.9 million people. The United States accounts for 52 million of those coffee drinkers.
For adults who have visited a coffeehouse in the past week:
Average weekly spending $5 or under: 41%
Rarely or never purchase food: 49%
Consume the beverage off-premises: 52%
The ideal ratio of coffee shops to residents in a particular area is 1:10,000.
- Linn County residents (US Census 2016 data) 221,661
- Ideal coffee shops = 22
- Current number = 36 (includes duplicate locations, excludes McDonald’s)